The Tennis Club is a section of The Hungerford Club. Adults joining the Tennis Club automatically become members of The Hungerford Club whose rules must be complied with. This entitles Tennis Club members to full use of the clubhouse, including the bar and indoor sports facilities, throughout the year.
The playing of tennis started in 1918. The original grass courts have been replaced with 4 outstanding hard courts allowing play virtually all year round. Coaching is offered to all ages and abilities. Success has been achieved in local leagues and the club has a thriving junior section.